Even the finest European hose will wear out eventually. What do you do when your go everywhere, do anything, favorite pair like the Calzitaly NUDE 20 Pantyhose has seen better days? We hope you’re not getting ready to toss them away! At Hosieree.com we want you to know that hosiery is valuable whether they’re on your legs or helping you around the house, and 5 ways we love reusing old hosiery include:
1. Recover lost jewelry – It’s common and it’s stressful – an earring slips through your fingers, and the next thing you know, you’re searching under the vanity, under the sofa, or under the bed with a flashlight trying to find a “needle in a haystack”. This is where your old hosiery comes in. You can put the flashlight away, grab your old hose, and get your vacuum cleaner ready. Attach the vacuum’s hose attachment and place your old hosiery firmly around the opening of the hose, securing the hosiery with a hair-tie or a rubber band. Turn your vacuum on and use the hose to scan the area of the lost earring. The vacuum will pull the earring from the floor or the fibers of the carpet, while the hosiery makes sure it sticks safely for retrieval!
2. Give your light-colored shoes a good polish – With summer on the way, you’re probably getting all your favorite summer shoes out to show off for another season. Scuffs happen, but hosiery can help. Simply place a bit of toothpaste on a small kitchen sponge, then place the sponge inside of your old hosiery. When you moisten the sponge, get right to scrubbing. The sponge holds the toothpaste, while the hosiery ensures the sponge won’t further scuff or scratch the surface.
3. Your garden helper – For gardeners, hosiery can be your secret weapon to beautiful, healthy, upright plants. Made from gentle fabrics, a small strip of old hosiery can help you to tie plants to sticks or supports to keep them upright without harming the plant like harsh wire. For potted plants, a piece of old hosiery placed at the bottom of a flowerpot can stop soil from falling out of drainage holes underneath.
4. Store garlic and onions – Garlic and onions are best stored in a breathable, soft, and room-temperature environment. Rather than trying to find suitable produce bags, your old hosiery serves those needs perfectly. Simply take a leg of old hosiery and place onions or garlic bulbs inside, then hang in the kitchen to keep your ingredients close at hand.
5. Fix that hole in your screen – When you want to toss open the windows for a little fresh air just to find a hole in the screen, it can throw off your whole good mood. If you’re airing things out this summer and find a hole, your old hosiery is the quickest fix you can find. Simply cut a piece of your hosiery to fit the hole, glue around the edges, and no bugs will find their way inside.
When one pair of hosiery wears out, that also tells you it’s time to find your next favorite. Whether it’s a classic sheer pair of anywhere nude hose, or something a bit trendier, we have just what you need today at Hosieree.com!