With a long spring and summer over, your fall and winter hosiery probably hasn’t seen the light of day for quite some time. You don’t want to pull out a favorite pair to find that they need replacing or they feel less than fresh the day you plan to put them on. We at Hosieree.com want to break down how you can refresh your hosiery collection now, so you know they’re ready as soon as you’re ready to put them on.
Fall and winter are fast approaching and are the perfect times to experiment with fashion. Opaque tights are a versatile accessory you can use to elevate your wardrobe or outfit while staying warm in the chilly air. Here is how to unlock fall and winter fashion using opaque tights.
Staying stylish and cozy all year round with seasonal hosiery is a great way to elevate your outfits and adapt to the changing weather patterns. No matter the season, the right hosiery can add flair and practicality to your wardrobe. Here are some of our tips on incorporating seasonal hosiery into your outfits.Read more: Seasonal Hosiery: Staying Stylish and Cozy All Year Round
Summer: Sheer Tights and Thigh Highs
During the warmer summer months, you want to reach for sheer tights and thigh-high stockings with a light denier or thickness. These will keep your legs covered without making you feel too hot. You can also choose nude or light-colored hosiery that matches your skin tone if you want a more natural look. Pair them with skirts, dresses, or shorts for a cute and chic summer ensemble.
Fall: Textured Tights and Opaque Stockings
Fall is the perfect time to experiment with textured tights with a cable knit or ribbed pattern. Opaque stockings in deeper hues like rich burgundy, forest green, or deep navy can add elegance and warmth to any fall outfit. Wear them with dresses, skirts, or even long dresses for a cozy fall look.
Winter: Fleece Lined Tights and Thicker Stockings
You can stay warm and stylish with fleece-lined tights during those cooler winter months. They provide much-needed insulation to keep you warm in the cold. Wool blend or thermal tights are great choices and can keep your legs toasty warm. Play around with darker colors and jewel-toned stockings that complement your winter color palette and work well with your favorite fall boots and dresses.
Spring: Pastel Colored Tights and Floral Prints
Embrace spring with pastel-colored soft pink, lavender, or mint green tights. Floral print tights are also popular during this time of the year and can add a playful and cheery touch to your spring wardrobe. Wear your tights with skirts, flowy dresses, or even under ripped jeans.
Year-Round Classics: Black and Nude
We can’t forget those pieces we can utilize year-round! Black and nude hosiery are timeless and should be staples in your wardrobe. Black tights are versatile and sophisticated and are great for any occasion. Nude hosiery gives the illusion of bare legs without showing off skin.
No matter what, choose high-quality hosiery that is durable and comfortable. Shop our extensive collection at hosieree.com to find everything you need for every season of the year.
When you choose the right pieces and incorporate hosiery into your wardrobe, you can easily add a touch of style, elegance, and versatility to your outfits. We have some helpful tips and fashion advice for doing just that.
Choose the Right Type of Hosiery
You can choose from different types of hosiery, including pantyhose, stockings, tights, and thigh highs. Consider the occasion, weather, and outfit you are putting together to determine which type will work the best.
When choosing hosiery, select colors that complement or contrast nicely with your outfit. Neutral shades like black, nude, or sheer are versatile options and will go great with most outfits you put together. Bold colors or patterns are also good if you want to add a pop of interest, stand out, and make more of a fashion statement.
Play Around With Different Textures
Never be afraid to experiment with different textures like fishnets, lace, or sheer hosiery. These textures can add more depth and visual interest to your look. This is especially true when these textures are paired with simple, monochromatic outfits.
Dress for the Seasons
Choose hosiery depending on the weather and season. Thicker, opaque tights or patterned stockings are perfect for those colder months, while sheer and lightweight options are good for warmer seasons.
Layering With Hosiery
You can also use hosiery to layer and extend the wearability of your current wardrobe. Sheer or patterned tights can be worn under ripped jeans, skirts, or shorts. They add warmth while allowing you to play around with a stylish twist.
Hosiery can be paired with dresses, skirts, or tailored shorts if you want to achieve a more polished and feminine look. Find stockings or thigh highs with garter belts for a touch of vintage glamour or for a special occasion.
Shoe and Hosiery Pairings
When selecting the hosiery for your outfit, consider the shoes you will be wearing. Sheer or nude hosiery works well with open-toed shoes, while opaque tights are best paired with closed-toe shoes for a sleek, more coordinated look.
Fashion is subjective, so don’t be afraid to experiment and find your unique style when incorporating hosiery into your wardrobe. When choosing hosiery and making a fashion statement, express your personality and feel good in what you wear.
Ready to build your hosiery collection? Visit hosieree.com for a great selection.
If you are like many of us, you love shopping your own closet on occasion to see what you can mix and match for new looks in your wardrobe. If there are pieces you may have forgotten about or haven’t been able to use, now is the time to repurpose them and lay out your staples in new ways that will appear anything but basic.
In addition to the pantless look going viral this year, it is also time to explore the world of sheer tights and how they can take your wardrobe to the next level. So, if you have sheer tights in your closet but aren’t sure how to style them, you have stumbled into the right place.
All About Transparency
Sheer tights are all about transparency. You don’t want to find anything that is too matte. Something with 10 denier is a good place to be, but you also shouldn’t be opposed to looking into some thicker styles for different looks as well as something with prints and patterns that offer more coverage.
The best way to style your classic sheer tights is with a shorter hemline and heels. Flats are a good choice overall, but if you want a more stylish party look and more flair, then heels with your sheer tights are definitely the way to go. You want to let your legs do all the talking. Polka dot tights go well with muted colors like a naturally colored coat or a white dress.
When styling with sheer tights, don’t be afraid to play around with different patterns like the Adrian Constance Fashion Sheers. They are both fun and feminine and can add a great touch to your outfit.
Always Invest in Quality
As you can see, sheer tights are the next big thing in fashion this year because they are versatile and can be styled in many different ways. However, when choosing your sheer tights, you want to be sure to invest in only quality pieces.
Shop hosieree.com for the best in sheer tights and other high-quality hosiery staples you can add to your wardrobe.
Not sure if a high-quality pair of stockings or tights can replace your denim or slacks? If they are opaque enough, you can easily replace your regular pants with a pair of stockings or tights, especially if you know a few tips on how to style them.
The stockings as pants trend started back when Kendall Jenner stepped outside in Los Angeles wearing her Bottega Veneta leotard and a navy sweater with sheer pantyhose. This viral look showed the fashion industry’s love for this trend in 2023.
During Couture week, we also saw bodysuits being paired with stockings and underwear as outfits with oversized blazers.
1. Start Small
For a beginner just dipping their toes into this now viral fashion trend, you might want to start out small with an oversized blazer layered on top of a leotard. Not only does this give you the pantless style you want, but it also offers a good amount of coverage, not to mention comfort.
2. Practice Makes Perfect
While it is a viral trend in the fashion world and undoubtedly on TikTok, it will still turn a few heads and incite a few confused expressions. Some might think you simply forgot to put pants on, while others might think you are just trying to pass off an oversized blazer as a dress in public.
Well, this is what we have to say about all that—practice makes perfect. Start by wearing your pantless outfit around the home for a few days to get used to the ensemble’s style and feel. This also gives you the opportunity to build up the confidence you need when you finally decide to step outdoors.
3. Show Off the Confidence
Once you realize you are pulling off a high-quality hosiery look, you will have the confidence to rock it in public. This style was popular back in the 60s when fashion norms were pushed, and traditional expectations were tossed out the window.
4. Find Alternatives
Not ready to try out the pantless style we have described above? No worries. You can take your stockings and tights out on a test run with a bit more coverage. You can wear them with shorts if you want something edgy without pushing too many boundaries. Find a more formal style short, perhaps in leather, and add your black tights or stockings and a great pair of boots.
Gabriella Leggings Everyday offers a bit more coverage than other stocking or tight options and can also be the perfect introduction to ditching jeans and slacks.
Above all, this trend starts with a good pair of stockings or tights. Ready to shop a vast selection to find something perfect to add to your wardrobe? Shop our selection at hosieree.com.
Spring is right around the corner and with it comes the big refresh! This is the time of year when you’ll be switching over your closets, you’ll be cleaning out the house, and you’ll be refreshing your looks to bring you into the warm weather season of 2023. At Hosieree.com we’ve carefully investigated all of the latest hosiery trends, and we’re bringing you the looks you need for your spring ready refresh this year:
- Back seam tights – One look we’re seeing all over spring runways is the back seam tight. A classic bit of sex appeal and elegance for generations, it’s no surprise that it’s coming back in a big way for 2023. The Cecilia De Rafael Hyde Park – Back Seam Pantyhose is a classic pair and it works well with long skirts, short dresses, and even tailored shorts.
- Floral patterns – Patterned hosiery has been a mainstay for a number of years now but it seems the patterns themselves always seem to change a little bit when it comes to what’s on trend. This year it’s all about the floral pattern, giving a bit of feminine elegance to classic spring hosiery looks. The Adrian ARTEMIS DE LUX Thigh Highs feature a thigh high construction, sheer 20 den, and classic rose pattern.
- Over the knee peek-a-boo patterns – When wearing short skirts, that little over the knee pattern on a pair of tights can really bring the charm and personality to your whole look. Cat Tights by Pretty Polly are 40 denier opaque on bottom and a sheer 20 den on top, with an adorable cat graphic separating the two shades. Peeking out of a short skirt or tailored shorts, the graphic brings instant whimsy to your look.
- Bold color – Spring is always one of the most fun times of the year to break out your brights and hosiery is no exception. For 2023 we’re seeing monochromatic looks on the bottom, but instead of sticking with black it’s all about getting vivid. A brightly colored skirt or tailored short with a matching pair of opaque hosiery gives your look a bold retro-modern appeal and can be easily paired with a patterned blouse to tie everything all together.
We’re here for all your spring refresh needs at Hosieree.com! From florals, to peek-a-boo fashion patterns, to bold colorful looks, we have our finger on the pulse of the latest 2023 trends. If you’ve been thinking it’s time for a spring refresh, come and check out what we have for you at Hosieree.com today.
Maybe you just can’t wait to break out your favorite pairs of shorts, and we can’t blame you! The right hosiery lets you give your favorite shorts a bit of extra mileage. Classic and versatile, shorts with hose is one of our favorite looks for the early spring season.
First and foremost, you don’t have to settle on a particular type of shorts to try this trend. The easiest way to wear hosiery and shorts is with a tailored short, but that doesn’t mean you can’t give your denims a try. For those just trying shorts with hosiery, however, the tailored short is the perfect starting point.
When wearing tailored shorts with hosiery, try going for a monochromatic look. A black pair of tailored shorts alongside the high denier Calzitaly Opaque Tights with Cushioned Sole creates a simple, uniform look that works for a girls’ night just as well as it works for the office. Paired with a blazer and an oxford shirt, you’re meeting ready. Remove the blazer, unbutton the top buttons of the shirt, and roll up your sleeves, and you’ve gone from day to night in seconds.
Once you’ve mastered the tailored short and monochromatic look, you can start expanding your looks and playing with the versatility this trend has to offer. Distressed dark denim creates a really interesting juxtaposition against the refined look of hosiery, and we’re really loving this look with patterned hose. Ripped dark denim shorts, the Adrian Hasha Fashion Tights, a tucked in relaxed top, and a pair of fashion shoes might just be the brunching look you’ve been looking for!
There’s no reason why your shorts must go into hibernation from the early fall all the way into late spring. If you have shorts you love, find a good pair of hose and wear them! At Hosieree.com we have classic looks, on-trend hose, and those staple pieces that fit right in the middle so you can take your favorite pairs of shorts with you all year long. Looking to break out your shorts early this year? Check out what we have to pair with them at Hosieree.com today.
Whether you’re building, rebuilding, or just padding your hosiery collection, there are a few pieces that everyone must have. These are the hosiery pieces you’ll reach for while you’re getting ready for any occasion, and if you have these in your collection you can rest assured you always have the perfect hose to wear. The 4 must-have types of hosiery you should get to know are:
1. Opaque hosiery – Opaque hosiery with high denier is your go-to for the cool fall, winter, and even spring months. These can come in a wide variety of colors for all sorts of whimsical and bright looks, but the most classic choice is black. A black pair of opaque hosiery can make short hemlines more accessible, take your shorts all the way into winter, and they go with just about anything. If you’re new to opaque black hosiery, the Bellissima Micro 90 Microfiber Opaque Tights are a great place to start.
2. Reinforced hosiery – For those who put their hosiery to work, reinforced hosiery is for you. These pieces have reinforced toes and other areas so they’re a bit tougher than your average pairs of sheer hosiery. Reinforced hosiery is perfect for those who wear hosiery to work or while spending long days on their feet. The Calzitaly Ultra Sheer High Heel Pantyhose with Cushion has comfort cushioned pads to provide comfort and stand up to the wear of long hours in heels.
3. Toeless pantyhose – Maybe you want that perfect leg look, but you also want to wear a sexy pair of open-toe shoes – can you do both? Toeless pantyhose makes it all possible. Sheer pantyhose smooths and perfects the look of your legs, while a toeless construction makes it all look natural even with strappy open toed heels. Calzitaly Toeless Sheer Pantyhose with Cooling Effect are toeless and made for summer!
4. Control hosiery – Not all fabrics are very forgiving, and maybe you love an outfit a bit more than it appears to love you back. Control hosiery makes any fabric, cut, or outfit that you’ll look stunning in. This type of hosiery sculpts, lifts, and smooths for a perfect silhouette. The Elly Dream 120 – Support Tights with Silver Ions features compression support for comfort and smoothing.
At Hosieree.com we’re here to stack your hosiery drawer with all of the pieces you need to perfect every outfit. To see more of what must-haves we have for you, check us out at Hosieree.com today.
To go with bare legs, or to reach for the hosiery? This is a question that pops into many women’s heads while getting ready for work, a date night, a wedding, or any sort of event. If you’re having this debate, consider what pantyhose are really doing for your legs. 5 things pantyhose do for you are:
1. Keep you warm and comfortable – In the fall, winter, and even early spring period, wearing a dress or skirt can get a little breezy. Opaque hosiery with a high denier like the 140 den Elly Sophie 140 Tights with Graduated Compression doesn’t just perfect the look of your legs, they keep them warm at the same time.
2. Keeps you comfortable – After sitting all day at the office, have your legs ever felt achy, tired, or even a bit sore? It’s a baffling phenomenon, since many believe that there’s no reason for tired legs if you haven’t been moving around all day. However, sitting still can be just as exhausting for the legs as spending all day on your feet. Compression hosiery keeps you comfortable and supported even during sedentary days, which can help to eliminate that tired feeling. Elly Dream 70 – Support Tights with Silver Ions feature medium graduated compression for optimum comfort.
3. Takes care of imperfections – “Strawberry” legs, visible veins, or bruises can really take away from your overall look. One of the best benefits of hosiery is that a good pair of hose is an instant perfector. From sheer to opaque, it’s the concealer your legs are asking for before you put on a skirt of pair of shorts.
4. Gives your legs a longer, leaner look – Long legs add to the look of a graceful figure, but unfortunately not everyone is blessed to have them. Patterned hosiery, seamed stockings, and fishnet hosiery can help to elongate the legs for a balanced and feminine look in any outfit.
5. Hosiery reduces chafing on the legs – Spending a long day walking about in a skirt can go from cute to uncomfortable quickly. Leg rubbing turns to leg chafing, and before you know it you’re feeling sore, raw, and even painful. Hosiery stops that uncomfortable friction and gives you a more comfortable day out.
From control top hosiery, to open toes, to the fashion looks that add sex appeal to your outfit, we have it all. Find your next favorite pair, and all the benefits that go along with them, at Hosieree.com today.