The best thing about wearing tights is that you can achieve any look you want. You can enhance your natural beauty with the right pieces. If you want to have the look of longer, leaner legs, there are some simple tips that can help you do so. Here are our top tips that anyone can do:
1. Match Your Shoes
Matching your shoes creates an uninterrupted line along your legs. Wearing shoes of a different color creates a visual barrier between your legs and your feet. Removing this barrier by wearing shoes of the same color as your tights can help your legs look miles long. Fortunately, tights like the Brigitte 15 Denier Pantyhose come in a wide variety of colors so they can match any footwear.
2. Choose A Darker Color
Dark colors like black, navy, and royal purple are naturally slimming. This is because dark colors hide any shadows and create a visual illusion of thinner lines, especially when worn on the legs. Luckily, you don’t have to stick to black. We have a beautiful selection of darker colors like the gorgeous dark magenta of the Sevilla LIbero Seamless Glossy Pantyhose in Cruela or the stunning emerald green of the Diamond Shimmering Fashion Tights in Smeraldo.
3. Opt For Opaque
Opaque tights with a denier rating of 40 or higher are also quite slimming. Opaque tights are thicker, so they hide any imperfections that you would see with a sheerer pair. They also create a solid visual line that can lengthen your legs. If you want to achieve this look, consider the Seidenglatt 70 Opaque Sheen Tights. They are thick and opaque, but the sheen helps distinguish them from leggings.
4. Go Vertical
Vertical stripes are the best pattern for making your legs look longer and leaner. That is because your eyes immediately follow the line upward, highlighting the length of your legs. To try this look for yourself, go for the 615 Mesh Open Crotch Pantyhose. You can also try a simple tuxedo line like the one featured on the Cosmo 40 Tights.
These tips will help you have the long, lean legs you’ve always wanted in an instant. At Hoseiree.com, we have the hosiery you need to achieve any look. Our European-made hosiery is manufactured using the finest quality materials and the most advanced techniques, so you won’t have to worry about your new look being ruined by unsightly tears or runs. Check out our full selection to find the pair that’s perfect for you.
So you have your whole look planned out, and now you’re just stuck on the hosiery. Do you want to make a statement? Do you want your hosiery to add an “edgy” appeal? What about adding a bit of classic refinement? Are you trying to get a little funky with your hosiery? Choosing the right hosiery for your look is an important part of piecing an outfit together, and we have just the hosiery picks you need. A few tips for always choosing the right hosiery for every outfit are:
- Black tights complete a look – If you’re looking for a “stand out” sort of appeal, opaque black tights might not be what you reach for, but these are staple pieces of any hosiery wardrobe. What black tights do is complete a look, and do so in a way that is understated but still important all the same. With patterns, neutral shades, boots, heels, and everything in between, if you’re simply looking for an easy finishing touch, you may want to reach for your black hose.
- Colored tights add pop – If you’re wearing a lot of neutrals, or you’re simply trying to tie that “must have” accessory into your outfit, you’ll want to consider your colored tights. These add a real pop to your look, and they can help you to tie in those earrings, that bag, or that jacket with ease. If you’re trying to take a bit of the glumness out of an all-black outfit, try tying in a bright pair of jewel tone tights.
- Patterned hosiery adds interest – If you’re wearing solid colors and classic fabrics, you might be looking for that piece to add a bit of interest into your look. A bag works, but it’s still an accessory and not an item to be worn on the body. This is where patterned tights really add something special, bringing particular interest and a true statement to your overall look. Florals, geometrics, and even quirky novelty print tights can be just what you’re looking for.
No matter the look you’re going for, we have just the
hosiery you’re looking for. To find the perfect pair to suit your outfit, check
us out at Hosieree.com today.
There’s so many cute shorts in style this season, we definitely want to stock up. However, some of the looks like the hot pants found on Saint Laurent, Hermes, and Chanel’s Spring runways were pretty daring. Fortunately, you can still wear them paired with your favorite pair of tights. Whether you want to tone down the look or make your legs look leaner and longer, wearing the shorts looks with tights is a great fashion choice.
What To Look For In
Tights To Wear With Shorts
There are a couple of things to consider when wearing tights
under shorts. First, you want to make sure that they don’t have a control top
like the Opaque Seamless Tights Miss 60. If you still would like the slimming
effect, there are some options like the Fit Control 40 tights that have the control top around
only the stomach area. Next, you want to make sure they are designed to be worn
under tight clothing like the Opaque Seamless 50 Tights so they don’t catch or rub thin from
Wearing Tights For A
Bare Leg Look
For those of us looking for a more slimming option, wearing
a pair of sheer pantyhose is a great idea. Choosing an ultra-sheer pantyhose
can make it seem like you are showing your bare legs. The Capri Trasparenze Ultra Sheer Panythose and the Cecilia De Rafael Divine NANOFIBRE Pantyhose are both great options. Just pay
close attention to the sizing to avoid any sagging around your ankles or knees.
These can be a giveaway that you aren’t bare-legged.
Go Bold With A Pair
Of Thigh Highs
A cute look that will keep you warm, slim your legs, and
even make you look a little taller is pairing shorts with thigh high tights.
Make sure that you get thigh highs and not thigh high stockings because
stockings need suspender belts. A great thigh high option for under shorts are
the Cristine 50 3D Microfiber Stay Up Stocking with Floral Lace. If you are worried about your thigh high
tights staying up or would still like to cover some imperfections, the Fiore Miguela Thigh High Imitation Tights are standard tights but with the look
of thigh highs.
No matter which style you choose to wear with your shorts
this season, make sure to get a high quality pair of tights. The European
styles found at Hoisieree.com are
ideal. Made from high quality materials, you won’t have to worry about runs or
holes ruining your new look. Plus, we have a wide variety of color, styles, and
fits to make sure you achieve the perfect look.
With so many great styles, colors, and patterns at Hosieree.com, it’s easy to build a collection. To keep your tights in great shape and easy to access, you’ll need to get them organized. Luckily, no matter if you have a large walk in closet or just a sock drawer, there are some great ways to organize your tights.
Them And Store Them In A Drawer
tights will keep them protected. It also saves space and makes it easy to store
a lot of tights in a single dresser drawer. Start by folding your tights in
half. Then roll them up from the toe to the waistband. Place them in the drawer
with the roll side on the bottom and the top. You’ll be surprised at home many
pairs you can fit. Plus, you’ll be able to see all the tights you have with one
glance. You can also store them like this in a basket. Just make sure that it
isn’t woven, so your hosiery doesn’t snag.
delicate tights like ultra-sheer Eterno 20 Pantyhose or the Exclusive 10 Pantyhose with Glossy Finish, a
great idea to keep them safe is to bag them. You don’t have to invest in
expensive lingerie bags, you can use simple ziplock baggies. Make sure to use
sandwich size or high so you don’t snag them in the zipper seal.
Them In A Hanging Shoe Organizer
organizers are a great space saver. Make sure to select one that has clear
plastic pockets. Then simply roll your tights up and place them in the pockets.
This will allow you to see them easily and keep as many pairs as you’d like.
Them In Old Jars
love the idea of upcycling, consider collecting your old food jars. Clear glass
jars that once held mayonnaise, pickles, or jams are a great way to store your
pantyhose. Since they are glass, not only will you be able to easily see your
pantyhose, but you won’t have to worry about them snagging on the rim or sides
of the jar. Simply roll the up and place them in jars. If you want you can even
add a label and place them on a shelf for decorative and functional storage.
have your hosiery neatly organized, you’ll save enough space you can get a few
more styles. For more tips on caring for your hosiery, make sure to check
out our blog at Hosieree.com. We offer tons of advice on keeping
your tights looking brand new!
Whether you love opaque or sheers, colorful patterns or classic skin tones, what really matters when selecting your tights is choosing the right size. Choosing tights too small makes them vulnerable to damage and tears. Plus the inseam will be too low hang, making it hard to walk and force you to constantly adjust. Tights that are too big can sag, fall, and cause wrinkling around your knees and ankles.
How Tights And Pantyhose Are Sized
If you look at the size chart on any pair of our hosiery
like the Alani 20 MIcrofiber Tights, you will see that the sizing is
different than most clothing. Instead of sizes like an 8, 10, or 12, you will
find that the size depends on your height and weight. This is because most
tights are extremely flexible and can stretch to fit a variety of sizes.
What About Plus-Size Tights?
Plus-size tights like the Extra 50 Queen Size Tights use a similar sizing chart. However,
they are designed to add more support and larger waistbands to avoid chafing
and pinching. Higher quality plus size brands, like the European styles carried
also have a little more space in the thighs and buttocks to help highlight your
What Size Is Right For Me?
Finding your perfect size is simple. You take your height
and weight and find the size that is recommended on the chart. Some styles that
use a thicker material like the Arctic 500 Microfiber Tights will also include your hip
measurements. Thicker materials have less stretch than thinner materials, so
taking your hip size into account will ensure that they aren’t too tight on
your waist or cause a “muffin top.”
What If I’m In Between Sizes?
Sometimes you’ll fall in love with the perfect pair of
tights but your size is right between two different sizes on the grid. In that
case, it’s always better to go with the larger size. Tights are designed to fit
tightly along your legs, hips, and waist. It’s better that tights are slightly
larger than having to fight to get into a pair that are a little too small, as
they will still fit snugly.
At Hosieree.com, we have sizes available for every body
type. With our handy size charts, you’ll be able to order the perfect fit every
single time. No matter what size you are, we have a style that you’ll feel
confident and comfortable in!
When browsing the pantyhose and tights selection on Hoisieree.com, you may notice that almost every pair has a denier number. Denier is a measurement of the thickness of the yarn used in a pair of hosiery. The higher the denier number, they thick and more opaque tights. Here is a guide to the denier measurements and how you can incorporate the different thicknesses into your wardrobe
- 10 Denier: 10 denier is the sheerest type of
hosiery you can get. They are often referred to as “ultra sheer.” 10 denier
hosiery enhances the legs and provides a flawless, invisible finish. They do
snag relatively easily, so it is important that for 10 denier tights you always
invest in quality to avoid runs.
Example: Catwalk10 Denier Ultra Sheer Tights
- 15 Denier: 15 denier is still very sheer but
offer slightly more coverage than 10 denier tights. These are perfect for
people who want more coverage of their legs to hide imperfections. Both 10 and
15 denier tights are perfect for a bare leg look.
Example: Brazil No–Waist Band Pantyhose
- 20 Denier: 20 denier is the last of the truly
sheer thicknesses. They offer a lot of coverage but are thick enough to be
nearly impervious to snags if you invest in a quality pair. 20 denier is
perfect for a sheer look if you are active or special occasions like formal
events to look your best.
Example: Alani 20 Microfiber Tights
- 40 Denier: 40 denier is a very popular model.
They are semi-opaque. They slim the legs and provide a lot of coverage.
However, they still show a perfect peek of skin. They are ideal to wear with
daytime casual looks. They are also opaque enough to add a splash of color.
Example: Alba Chiara 40 Tights
- 60 Denier: 60 denier tights are a daily wardrobe
staple. They are thick enough to wear carefree, but still opaque enough for the
office. 60 denier tights are also very slimming. Pairing a black pair like the Cazzola Gaetano Sogni Fashion Tights in Nero with black shoes will create the illusion
of legs for days.
Example: Coral 60 Ultra Soft 3D Opaque Tights With Satin Sheen
- 80 Denier: 80 denier are very opaque and often
very thick. These tights are ideal on cooler Fall nights. They are very
slimming and can add a look of sophistication to any outfit. It’s very
important though to never put your 80 denier tights in the dryer because it can
ruin the stretch.
Example: Shimmer 80 Denier Opaque Tights
- 100 Denier: Finally, 100 denier, the thickest
and most opaque of all options. 100 denier is very soft and is perfect to help
keep you warm in the wintertime. With a 100 denier tight, you can wear a skirt
or dress in the winter and still keep very warm. They are a great option if you
live in a cooler climate.
Example: Cortina 100 3D Opaque Tights
Which denier you choose depends entirely on how you plan to
wear your hosiery. At Hoiseree.com, we have a wide variety of tights in all
denier measurements. Not only do we offer a variety of thickness, but we also
have a great array of colors, patterns, prints, and sizes for any need. Plus,
all of our tights are high-quality European tights, so they are snag-resistant
and with care, can last a lifetime. Check out our full selection
to find the style and thickness right for your wardrobe.
Tights and leggings are often used interchangeably. However, they are different types of legwear. Although they are both skin tight they have some major differences. Those differences determine what outfits to pair tights or leggings, how to wear them, and which you should purchase for the look you want. Here are the differences between tights and leggings and when to wear them.
Tights are a type of hosiery like pantyhose.
However, unlike pantyhose, they are thicker and come in a broader array of
colors, fabrics, and patterns. The best way to tell tights from leggings is
that tights always have feet. A great example of tights is the Cortina 40 Semi-Opaque Tights in Bright Colors.
● When To Wear Tights: Tights are designed to
wear under clothing. They look great under dresses, skirts, shorts, and cropped
pants. They can also be worn for warmth like the Artica 120 Tights in Wool And Cotton under
clothing including pants.
Leggings are essentially skin-tight pants. They
are thick enough that you can’t see through them. They also rarely have feet.
Leggings come in every kind of color and pattern you can imagine. They also
come in a variety of different fabric options like the Eco-Friendly Leather Pants with a Crinkled Leg Design
to microsuede like the Botanical Microsuede Leggings to even denim
styles like the Denim Skimmer With Angled Hem. Leggings don’t
just come in pant lengths, they come in cropped styles like the Capri Fashion Legings with Contrast Border
● When To Wear Leggings: Leggings can be worn
as pants. They pair great with your favorite t-shirts, sweaters, and blazer
looks for the casual office. They can also be worn under dresses and skirts to
keep you warm. Leggings are also the perfect attire for any physical activity
where stretch and movement matters.
Now that you know the difference between tights
and leggings, you can begin looking for your perfect pair of each. At Hoiseree.com
we have all the legwear options you need from pantyhose to stockings
to tights and leggings. All of our hosiery is from extremely high quality,
European brands that will last no matter what style you choose. Check out our
selection to find a look you’ll love.
With winter soon coming to an end, it’s time to start planning your spring wardrobe. Many of us welcome back the bright, fresh colors of spring and can’t wait to ditch the layers. However, in many places Spring is still pretty chilly, so it’s a good idea to plan some outfits that include tights to warm. Here are some fashionable ideas to get you started.
Go Bare Without The Chill
want a bare leg look, a pair of skin-toned tights is a great addition to your
spring wardrobe. You can get the look of bare legs, without having to worry
about staying warm. Plus you’ll get the added benefit of smoother, tighter
looking skin. We recommend getting an invisible pair like the Alba Chiara 40 Tights available in a variety
of natural skin tones. If it’s a little warmer out, but you’d still like to
achieve a smooth leg look try wearing the Breeze Summer Panythose by Cecilia De Rafael.
Go For White Tights
the fall and winter, dark, muted colors like black and navy pair perfectly with
your wardrobe. In the summer, try a brighter neutral with the color white. Not
only is white a perfect accompaniment to all your spring pastels, white tights
also very on trend right now. Try the Invisible Ultra Sheer Tights in Bianco for a
sheer look and the Bellissima Micro 90 Microfiber Opaque Tights in White
for an opaque look. You can also consider experimenting with white fishnet like
the Carmen Small Fishnet Tights in White on a
Try A Pastel Look
no better color scheme for spring then pastels. Pastel tights feel fresh and
airy, but keep you warm. Check out the Brigitte 15 Denier Pantyhose that comes in a
wide variety of beautiful sheer pastels. For a more opaque look try the Cortina 40 Semi-Opaque Tights in Bright Colors
or the Trasparenze Oleandro Tights. If you want a bold
look, try the Hamadryas Pantyhose. They come in two
perfect-for-spring pastel floral prints that will turn any outfit into a
your spring wardrobe is easy when you add tights to your favorite looks.
They’ll not only keep you warm no matter what the weather does, they’ll help
you pull together your outfit. Check out Hoisiree.com for more tights you can
incorporate in your springtime looks.
The latest fashion trends of the new year are rolling in, and we at Hosieree.com are particularly excited about brainstorming all of the different ways we can pair beautiful European-made hosiery with any and all of these looks. The fashion trends hitting runways and walkways during the year 2020 are varied, and there really is something for anyone who wants to look chic and modern in their various looks. The top ways to pair hosiery with the top fashion trends of 2020 are:
- Puff sleeves – In 2020 sleeves are getting bigger and hemlines are getting shorter, which creates the absolute perfect conditions for great hosiery. Puff sleeves are particularly dramatic and feminine, which makes us think that this look would look marvelous with an equally feminine pair of hose. Something simple, sleek, and elegant like our wide fishnet tights would be perfect.
- Polka Dots – We can expect to see a massive resurgence of polka dots in 2020, especially since designers like Balenciaga and Balmain really featured these looks heavily during last year’s fashion weeks. If you’re not quite sold on a full polka dot look, there is no better place to incorporate this trend than your hosiery. Polka dot hosiery can be worn with office wear, with date-night outfits, to lighten up grunge throw-back looks, or in pattern mixing all without missing a beat.
- Pleats – One of the new fashion trends we’re seeing make a first-year comeback in 2020 is pleats. For a long time, pleats were out and sleek flat-fronts were in, but this year is seeing pleats just about anywhere they can be squeezed in. Pleats can make some intimidated, as they want to embrace this trend in a sleek and trendy way, not an outdated way. Pairing pleats with an ultra-sheer pair of hosiery keeps that sex appeal going without ever becoming too much.
- The feminine utility jumpsuit – Utility jumpsuits aren’t just for your mechanic anymore. These looks are being seen on high-fashion runways from Philip Lim to Jonathan Simkhai. One way to dress this up for a date-night look that has plenty of modern trendy edge is to roll up the bottom legs of the jumpsuit to let a trendy hosiery choice show through. Alongside a stiletto shoe and a statement clutch, hosiery like our Argo Fashion Tights by Trasparenze is just the feminine accessory you’re after.
If you’re looking for the perfect hosiery to embrace
and enhance your 2020 looks, see what else we have in store at Hosieree.com
2020 has just begun, and the latest and greatest tights trends of the year are rolling in! When it comes to tights, winter is really your time to shine, but you can wear even your most opaque tights well into the spring with all of your favorite springtime outfits. If you’re gearing up to ready your tights wardrobe, a few picks we suggest prioritizing are:
- Polka dot tights – Polka dots are expected to be absolutely massive in the fashion world in 2020, and there is no better place to embrace this trend than through hosiery. Polka dot tights can be used to make pattern-mixing seamless, to add a little flair to business wear, to add whimsical sexiness to a date night outfit, or to wear with tailored shorts to bring your favorite summer pieces into the cooler weather seasons. When pattern mixing, you can pair a small polka dot tight with a larger polka dot pattern, you can mix with striped looks, and you can do the classic pairing of polka dot tights with florals.
- Decked out in diamonds – 2020 isn’t about the diamonds on your finger, your wrist, or your neck, it’s all about the diamonds on your legs! One huge trend we’re really loving for the new year is diamond patterned tights, which can be found textured, in diamond pattern plaids, and in diamond shaped embellishments. With florals or with sleek sophisticated looks, diamond pattern tights bring out a certain versatile retro-vintage appeal.
- Bright colors – Color is going nowhere in terms of tights, and this year is screaming brighter is better. A throwback vintage appeal seems to be a trend across the board, with this look harking back to the mod-style of the late 1960’s. Opaque brightly colored tights are accenting mini-skirts or mini-shorts, bringing out colors in patterned tops, and meeting at the ankle with a delightful chunky bootie. Invest in brightly colored tights and get ready to perfect that eyeliner wing to really embrace the quirky fun of 2020.
- Leopard goes nowhere – 2019 was really big on leopard prints, and this is a trend that is rolling right over into this year. If you haven’t invested in a great pair of leopard tights yet, the good news is it’s not too late.
At Hosieree.com, we want to help you to embrace all of
the hosiery trends of the new year. If you’re looking for the perfect pair to
accent all of your 2020 styles, see what we have in store at Hosieree.com