We know that you ladies have your own stories to share about ripped stockings and we can totally relate! There are many different reasons why our stockings experience rips like unfortunate accidents, problems with the laundry machine, and even frequent usage especially when it comes to our favorite pair.
Fortunately, there are also ways to prevent our stockings from ripping. Here are five tips that can help you keep them fit and intact.
1. Wear The Correct Size – Knowing your size and wearing one that perfectly fits you can help you prevent your stockings from ripping. If your stockings are too loose, there are increased chances of them getting snagged or caught in something that can cause them to rip.
On the other hand, choosing a size that is smaller than your actual fit will cause the stockings to stretch beyond their limit and while it may not be obvious in the beginning, you will soon notice that your stockings are becoming deformed and that the material is getting thin. A few more uses and it is bound to tear and rip.
That is why it is important to choose a size that fits you. In hosieree.com, the stockings and other hosiery pieces are already sorted according to sizes so you would not have a hard time finding the perfect pair for you.
2. Wear And Stretch Them Up One Leg At A Time – Your stockings are intimate wear and unlike normal pants and jeans, they also must be treated just as intimately when you put them on. Our tip is to scrunch them up first before slowly and gently rolling them up.
Start from your toes, then to your heel, and further up your legs in slow and deliberate motions. Make sure not to wear them the way you would wear jeans, jogging pants, and any other type of pants that you can put on in just one quick pull.
3. Maintain Your Toenails – You would want to check and see if your toenails are trimmed or already too long and pointy. One of the reasons why our stockings get torn and ripped is because they get caught on our too-sharp and pointy toenails when we wear them. So make sure to trim them and file your toenails regularly to avoid this problem!
4. Wash Your Stockings Properly – Did you know that knowing your water temperature is also imperative when washing your stockings? Using cold water helps your nylon stockings stay firm and tightly knitted. On the other hand, hot and warm water can cause your stockings to stretch out and be out of form.
5. Choose High-Quality Brands – The first step to ensuring that your stockings are sturdy is to get a trusted brand that offers high-quality stockings. The good news is we have the best brands in the world here at Hosieree.com like Glamory, Elly Carezza, and Fiore.
Stockings of high quality are guaranteed to last long and with the proper care and maintenance, you do not have to worry about using your favorite pairs again and again. Visit us at hosieree.com to see the best that the world can offer.