It’s easy to get attached to our favorite stockings, especially after they stayed with us through thick and thin, and every other fashion disaster we survived. However, there comes a day when it’s time to let them go even if we don’t realize it yet. Here are 3 signs that your stockings are due for a replacement.
- When It’s Too Itchy – Stockings are meant to feel soft against the skin and almost like you are not wearing anything. But if your stockings start to give you an itch throughout the day, it means that the material is no longer as good as before. The fabric has become rough against your legs, causing the itch. This is one of the signs that your stockings are now old and will need to be replaced soon.
- When You Keep Pulling Them Up – After regular use, stockings can get loose too. You will find yourself pulling them up as you go about your day. While you might argue that you can bear with the act of keeping them up from time to time, it can actually be inconvenient as time passes. The feeling of them rolling down can also make you too conscious and distracted. If they’re already loose, they will need to be replaced eventually.
- When The Fabric Becomes Too Thin – There are stockings that are really made thin to appear invisible when worn, but as a regular user, you will surely know the difference between what was meant to be and what a deteriorating stocking feels like. Besides the rough texture, thinned stockings look stretched and barely hanging in there. If you try to keep them for longer, they will eventually develop into tears and holes.
All things age, even your stockings. The way for you to enjoy them for a long time is to buy high-quality stockings from trusted stores like Hosieree. While replacing them at one point is inevitable, at the very least, good-quality stockings will make sure that it will take a long time before that happens.
White hosieries are very lovely until you spot a speck of dirt or stain on them. There are many reasons why your whites got dirty, like a dusty surface or an unnoticed drop of sauce when eating.
Removing stains and dirt can be challenging, so here are 4 tips to get you started.
- Wash Them ASAP! – As soon as you get home, do not just throw your stained hosiery into the washer or let it rest in your laundry basket. Doing these can worsen the damage more. For instance, tossing it in the washer and letting the machine handle it won’t fully get rid of the stain. Using the washing machine can also risk your hosiery’s material from thinning, shrinking, or breaking.
Delaying washing it can cause the stain to dry up and soak in the fabric completely. When this happens, it will be near impossible to remove the stains no matter how much you try to wash them.
- Prepare Clean And Cold Water – Get a basin and fill it with cold and clean water. While most of your clothes can be washed in warm water, cool water is actually preferred when washing delicate clothing, like your white thigh highs and pantyhose. Cool water is also known to effectively remove stains compared to warm water.
- Use A Stain Remover – Usually, soaking your hosiery water is effective but if the stains are persistent, it is time to get a stain remover. But you have to be careful about choosing what to use because different removers are effective only for certain stains. For example, hairsprays work against ink stains while wipes work against lipstick stains.
- Do Not Rub Vigorously – Rubbing them harshly is tempting but can only further the damage. Too much force can cause you to stretch the fabric and make it loose instead of tight-fitting. Instead of rubbing, you can create a paste with your stain remover and pat it against the stains. If you have to rub, do it as gently as you can.
- Let It Rest – Give it another wash to get rid of the soap and other products you used before letting it dry. Do not hang your hosiery using hangers or clips as these can also be damaging. Instead, lay them down on a flat surface until they dry.
Just remember these steps and you won’t have anything to fear about wearing white thighs, stockings, or pantyhose from hosieree.com.
Tattoos are very cool but not everyone is ready for that kind of commitment. Still, that doesn’t mean there is no way to enjoy and have fun experiencing what it is like to have one! You can make tattoos a part of your fashion with these five rocking selections from Hosieree.com.
- Adrian Arlette Fashion Sheers – If you want subtlety and elegance, the beautiful swirls in this pantyhose fit the bill. Its patterns crawl from your ankles to your calves, helping bring out a sexy but edgy vibe. The Arlette Fashion Sheers can go great with a black office ensemble so you can walk to your workplace like the boss that you are.
- Fiore Desert Rose Sheer Fashion Tights – From elegant swirls, we are jumping to another ankle tattoo print, and this time, we are bringing out sexy and punk. Roses are classic designs that can represent passion and strength and wearing this can tell everyone that you are also strong, passionate, and still full of love. Besides the beautiful rose, the best thing about these fashion tights is their flat seam, a reinforced toe portion, and comfortable ribbing.
- Adrian Constance Fashion Sheers – It’s time to go all the way with the Adrian Constance Fashion Sheers. From ankle designs, these sheers have elegant swirls and curves that line up from ankles to your thighs in a neat line. It makes a strategic line that captures people’s sight and attention. The sheers also go in an opaque nude color to give the illusion of a real tattoo.
- Fiore Daisy Fashion Tights – Pair these Daisy Fashion Tights with your favorite mini skirts and short dresses. It has butterfly tattoo print designs on the thigh area that screams confidence and sexiness. The tights also have a reinforced toe portion, flat seams, and a single-covered elastane yarn to make you feel secure and comfortable.
- Fiore Saturn 15 Pantyhose – It is the will of the universe for you to discover the Saturn Pantyhose. The planet and stars tattoo print designs are for those who are looking for casual and playful pantyhose that they can wear for lunch, parties, or simple hangouts. Take a break from fiery and sexy, and feel youthful by trying this fun and playful pantyhose print.
Goth fashion is not dead. In fact, this unique look and taste continue to take over the streets and runways. There’s something about goth that makes you feel young, wild, and free again even if the whole ensemble screams dark, dangerous, and rebellious. And because we embrace all kinds of fashion, Hosieree is here to help you pick the perfect tights and socks that can match your intense look.
- Juicy Fashion Socks – Start your goth journey with the rips on this pair of black socks. The tears climb up to above your ankles so you can pair it with lowcut boots or black heels, letting the socks carry your footwear fashion entirely. While it is tattered, the socks are made from high-quality materials so you do not have to worry about accidentally ripping them all the way.
- Gabriella Variette Lace Tights – These lace tights give off strong vintage vibes that truly embody goth fashion’s sexy and mysterious side. The lace flowers are scattered all over the fishnet patterns, making up a subtle combo that goes well with goth dresses and skirts without overpowering your overall look.
- Tarantula Fashion Tights – It’s not goth punk if you don’t at least give someone a fright. The spider prints in these tights ought to do the trick! The spider patterns are boldly scattered all over the fabric and while Halloween is the first that comes to mind when seeing this, pairing it with the vintage dresses and thick black booths makes it the perfect addition to your goth fashionwear.
- Fiore Nocturne 20 Hold Ups – Throwing in a splash of red brings out the fierceness and sexiness of goth fashion. The red lace top carries just the right amount of danger and temptation vibes, the perfect combination if you are going for a bold, confident, and proud look. It will definitely turn heads and inspire looks of awe.
In fashion, playing with colors can give you the best styles, combinations, and even smart clothing strategies that would save your days from being repetitive and boring. Even in your laziest moments, simple styling tricks could still make you the best-dressed person wherever you go. These 3 fashion trends are here to prove it.
- Capsule Wardrobe – Everyone is buzzing about having a capsule wardrobe and we cannot blame them. In this day and age where simple and minimalist styles are trending, capsule wardrobes fit right in. This fashion style is all about having a few pieces of clothing that you can mix and match many times, and they would still look fresh and unique.
The trick here is to choose a bunch of clothes and accessories that fall under a single palette. To make things easier, you can stick to neutral colors like white, black, beige, grey, and pastels. Having natural-colored pantyhose that can be paired with any neutral skirt, dress, or shorts is a good start.
- Monochromatic Fashion – Those who say that monochrome colors are boring are probably those who have not tried it yet. Monochrome fashion is basically wearing pieces of clothing that are in the exact same shade. There are many perks to monochrome fashion besides being unique and eye-catching.
Monochrome is an excellent style for people who are just beginning to explore fashion. It is also a favorite go-to style if you are in a rush or too lazy to experiment with your clothes.
- Color Blocking – This style is what you can consider the opposite of monochromatic fashion. Color blocking is all about mix-and-match! Instead of choosing colors in the same palette or shade, what you are aiming for are colors that are super in contrast with each other but still go well together. It sounds challenging at first, but once you’ve got the hang of it, color blocking is easy peasy. Opaque tights and leggings are perfect for this fashion.
Opaque tights carry strong and bold vibes that can instantly boost your confidence. Wearing them is not the problem, but wearing them with what is the real question. While they come in solid colors, finding the perfect ensemble for opaque tights can be challenging. Lucky for you, Hosieree’s long mastered the art of dressing up with unique tights!
Here are 3 fun ways to slay with opaque tights.
- Wear Animal Prints – You might think that pairing your opaque tights with animal prints may be over the top. On the contrary, pieces like wet-looking tights can go boldly with patterns to create a fierce look. Animal prints are loud on their own, and with opaque tights being as eye-catching as tiger patterns, they would make you really stand out.
If you are worried about two strong styles clashing, don’t worry because patterns and plain or solid designs actually complement each other.
- Neutral Colors – If you want to tone it down a bit, wearing neutral-colored dresses and coats is the way to go. Neutral tones like browns and beige will highlight your opaque tights without them eating up your whole style. It’s a well-balanced combination perfect for casual walks outside or quick trips to your favorite hangout places. You can also pair it with plain shoes and boots. Trust your opaque tights to make you glamorous on the streets.
- Make It Mono – Do not be afraid to try a monochromatic approach with your opaque tights. In fact, your opaque tights are the best piece of clothing you can wear for monochromatic fashion. Color blocking can be fun but monochrome has its own pros.
For instance, it’s fast and perfect for days when you are in a rush because you do not have to spend time deciding which colors go best together. Second, monochrome will definitely make you stand out without trying too hard. From your top, tights, and down to your shoes, you can brighten everyone’s day.
It will always be delightful to have new pieces of hosiery to try and wear. However, it is also absolutely true that getting rid of old favorites is difficult. There will come a time when your favored stockings, leggings, and tights need to go after months and years of use.
The good news is you do not have to throw them straight into the bin, never to be seen again. Your hosiery may be old and not fit for wearing anymore, but its good quality still makes it functional for other uses! Consider these options before throwing them away:
- They Make Great Hair Ties – The material of your hosiery is soft, elastic, and durable. Reusing them as simple hair ties is definitely a good idea you would not regret! Just give your hosiery a good wash, cut them up into smaller pieces, and decorate them by stitching or sticking beads and sequins on the fabric. From fabulous legwear, you now have extra fabulous DIY hair ties!
- Clothes Storage – Remember when you were trying to find ways to organize and keep them properly in your closet? Now, it is time for your hosiery to return the favor! They could be turned into a clothes bag or storage that would prevent your favorite dresses, shirts, and other clothing from getting wrinkled and snagged.
- Turn Them Into Scent Bags – Your old hosiery is not ready to be tossed out of your closet yet because they still have a role to fulfill. By filling them up with potpourri and other dried fragrant plants, you can keep them inside your closet, cabinets, shoe racks, and even small rooms to keep the space fresh and free from odors.
There are more creative ways to reuse your old hosiery. It is absolutely amazing to know that good-quality stockings, tights, socks, and other pairs could last long and be reused as other helpful items. That is why it is important to check the quality of the pairs you are getting.
Hosieree.com’s collection offers long-lasting, high-quality brands that you will enjoy in more ways than one.
Animal prints are one of the head-turner styles in fashion. They are often seen in dresses, tops, and pants. Well now, you could also wear them as your favorite hosiery pieces for a fun and wild moment! Here are hosieree.com’s top animal print picks to get you started.
- Fiore Instinct 15 Pantyhose – This pantyhose is decorated with light animal patterns that would certainly give you good camouflage. The light brown spots perfectly embody subtleness and flashiness as it easily blends into your skin without looking unnatural. The light colors also reflect its soft material that also magically feels like your second skin! It’s a good choice for casual everyday wear.
- Fiore Tigris 15 Pantyhose – The bold tiger prints on these pantyhose is certainly going to make the crowd roar! Wearing this will give you that extra fierceness if you are gearing up for a wild and sexy night. It also comes in three colors for your every mood and for every time of day.
- Fiore Glam Rock Sheer Tights – There is always room for more boldness, fierceness, and sexiness. Let your confidence overflow with the strong, bold prints on these tights! It is definitely giving “queen of the jungle” vibes. Dominate the game and make everyone’s jaw drop by putting these Glam Rock Sheer Tights on.
- Gabriella Fashion Tights Caty – Be the center of attention with these tights because it is certainly hard to ignore those predatory wild cat prints. Littered with spots from your waist to your toes, these tights look like a second skin because there seems to be no end to the patterns as they disappear up your skirt and into your shoes. It’s an effortless and sexy way to look glamorous and mysterious.
- Dog Tights – Add a unique and fun twist to animal prints with these dog-printed tights! A cute doggie face is waiting just atop these pair so it is best to wear this with shorts or a mini skirt.
With how many pretty hosieries there are, it is not surprising that your collection of stockings, tights, leggings, pantyhose, and socks is continuously growing. If your wardrobe is already overflowing, you might find it challenging to store your extensive hosiery collection. It is important to know how to properly keep them because simply chucking them in an available corner could actually be damaging.
Here are some helpful tips that you could follow to keep your closet tidy and your hosieries intact.
- Pair Them Up – You won’t have a problem with your pantyhose because they will always be in one piece. However, you cannot say the same for your stockings, thigh highs, and other hosiery pieces that go by pair.
Before you put them aside, the first thing you should always do is to pair them together. This way, you would not need to spend hours finding their missing half when you’re about to use them.
- Get A Pocket Hanger – After pairing them up, you should continue to keep each pair separated from one another to avoid confusion. This also saves you from digging into a huge pile and possibly tangling and untangling them in the process.
Besides making sure that each pair has its own space, pocket hangers also are great space savers. With your growing mountain of hosiery, you will surely appreciate how pocket hangers could clear up lots of closet space where you could put new shirts, dresses, and of course, new pairs of hosiery!
- Use Small Individual Bags – Another option is to put them inside their own small bags, preferably transparent ones like ziplock and sandwich bags. Each of your hosiery will remain safe and secured inside their bags even if you move them around. This will prevent any tears and runs from forming on them. As a bonus, they are also travel-ready this way, just waiting to be tossed inside your luggage.
High-quality hosieries last long, and handling them with care and respect will make them last longer. One way to do it is by storing them properly. Now that they are all set in their own organizers, it is time to look for new pairs at hosieree.com to add to your collection!
Shrinking stockings is one of the most common problems women encounter. Many just learn to live and endure using shrunk stockings, while others would treat them as disposable items. However, hosiery is an investment and it is still important to know how to take care of them properly even if they are high-quality pieces from hosieree.com.
It is time to put a stop to shrinking stockings so here are ways to prevent them:
- Do Not Put Your Stockings In The Dryer – The intense heat from the dryer is bound to shrink the material of your stockings and even make it rough. Remember that even the highest quality stockings are made from delicate fabrics. Throwing them in the dryer will shrink them and affect their quality as well.
Instead of using a dryer, it is better to hang them up to dry. Taking a few minutes of your time to wash and hang them up is surely worth it than buying new pairs every time they shrink in the dryer.
- Use A Mesh Net – It is highly recommended to handwash your stockings, but busy schedules could leave you with less time to focus on the task. Unlike the dryer, washing machines are not as deadly to your stockings but they could still be damaged inside. The best way to prevent this from happening is by using a secured laundry mesh net. This would prevent them from getting mixed and tangled with your other clothes.
- No Need For Fabric Softeners – Your clothes may love fabric softeners, but it’s different news when it comes to your stockings. Fabric softeners could instead damage the material that makes your stockings elastic. Avoid fabric softeners together with dryers. Another tip is to keep your washing in intervals because frequent washing could also be damaging.